This verse popped out to me because it suggests something profound to me….
Blessed are we when read the Word of God to our children then blessed are they if they hear it. Moreover, they will be stellar if they take the lessons “to heart” and choose to live them. That would be phenomenal.
“We thank you for Your promises of blessings Lord. So cool!
Lord it is not in our strength that we can read your Word regularly to our children.
Please help us Jesus to prioritize and have strength to follow through as we juggle our family responsibilities.
You know our hearts Lord and give mercy.
You are truly our priority and source of all life.
We praise Your Mighty Name Lord in Jesus Name.
We love you God.”
“but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
Isaiah 40:31 ESV
N = New Mind Renewal = Neuroplasticity
Yes, Yes, Yes… I know I may seem to be oversimplifying a huge scientific concept with basic ideas but I believe it works.
In my opinion, science is starting to get a glimpse of what the Bible taught us many years ago. I found a whole page of renewing verses but here are the best if you ask me:
Philippians 4:8 ESV
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Romans 12:2 ESV
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Science Catching On with the Bible
As of about 20 years ago the world of neuroscience has provided significant contributions to our understanding; we now understand that we have the ability to renew our brains. Scientists like Daniel Amen and others have used brain scans to illustrate how what we do on a daily basis can change our minds. Other scientists like Dr. Caroline Leaf and Dr. Curt Thompson are digesting these truths and reintegrating science and the Bible as it started historically.
Since brain / mind renewal is a lifetime process that comes up often… I want to share a few resources I like to use to help me cope with the daily stressors of life if you have others please add them to the conversation in the comment section:
- The Bible.
- While it’s all good I tend to “hang out” in Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, the Gospels, Ephesians, Hebrews or James.
- If I am sad or disgusted = Psalms because David was a man after God’s heart. They were close relationally. Plus, when David had problems he transparently discussed with God and did not pretend everything was fine. Yet he honored God in the process even though her screwed up often.
- Bible App – YOUVERSION or http://Bible.com
- Journal on paper or on your phone with http://Evernote
- Joyce Meyer TV Audio Podcast,
- TD Jakes Podcast – The Potter’s Touch,
- Kris Vallotton’s Podcast,
- Bethel Church Sermon of the Week
- The Global Green Room: Will Hart, Global Awakening (also on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq2wMeeePxvI4fBVU6LNr3w)
- Listen to Audiobooks free on Hoopla through my local library (when my kid’s book fines have not blocked my account =)
- Listen to iTunes U for listening to topics of interest
- Preaching on YouTube of funny John Gray https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoTpEm4FI_s
You may have notices most of these resources are for “on the run” rebooting of the mind for renewal. Sitting still is not always an option =)
Many Blessings to You,
Thank God for my cell phone =)
“Then you will understand the fear of the LORD, And find the knowledge of God.
For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly; He guards the paths of justice, And preserves the way of His saints.
Then you will understand righteousness and justice, Equity and every good path.
When wisdom enters your heart, And knowledge is pleasant to your soul,”
Proverbs 2:5-10 NKJV